Saturday, April 30, 2011

6 Hours To Take-Off

Welcome to my first ever blog! The point of this blog is to keep everybody back home updated on my trip to Spain over the next twelve days. I am taking a course through Culver-Stockton College titled Art History: Spanish Romanticism, and this is one of the main reasons for my trip. I will be specifically studying Francisco Goya's Black Paintings, so you will be hearing a lot about this! Goya painted this series of paintings toward the end of his life after he went ill and lost his hearing. They were very dark and a little scary, thus receiving the name Black Paintings. There were fourteen paintings in the series and I will be studying them and seeing them in person over the next couple of weeks. Accompanying me on this once-in-a-lifetime trip are my parents, grandmother, and of course, Jorge.

It is now 12:35 AM and our plane leaves at 6:50 AM. I am very anxious and can't wait to get to Spain. We will be flying from Kansas City to Chicago. Then, from Chicago to London, where we will have about an eight hour layover. At 6:30 AM on Monday, we will make our final connection from London to Barcelona, where we will spend a few days before taking a train to Madrid for the remainder of the trip. It will be a very long day of traveling, but it will be well worth the pain and the jet-lag. I will now attempt to get some sleep before my 3:45 wake-up call.

Hasta la Vista!

Aden

2 comments:

  1. Woot!!! See you soon! Goya is waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely studied Goya for my Final Presentation in Depth my senior year. He was one MESSED up dude. But his artwork is fantastic. The Black Paintings are crazy! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete